Monday, February 18, 2008

Gecko vs Webkit

Hi all,
I had a crash happening with almost any & all are mozilla-based browsers. On advice I installed konqueror & used that as that would give indications as to what might have gone wrong. Lo & behold it worked. On further investigation it was narrowed to the underlying gecko engine which was at fault. So the next thing I had to know is why konqueror worked while all the mozilla-based browsers didn't. Found out it uses an another engine called webkit which is different than gecko (the engine used in mozilla & its derivatives). I then also decided to check out the various things which were/are being said, some now, some which were said some time earlier. One of the links which stuck me was this one . Nothing new was being said that was not said before but still it impressed me. So I'm one happy customer :)

No comments: